THE JOURNEY COUPLE'S CLASS"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you." Philippians 4:8-9
Spouses that admit to having affair (emotional or physical)
Men & women who have had affair with coworker
Men that would have affair if knew never get caught
Women that would have affair if knew never get caught
“The Journey” is a six week class designed to help couples understand and learn new ways of dealing with conflict in relationships. The material presented is applicable to any relationship, but specifically targets romantic relationships.
This couple’s class meets on Sunday evenings from 5pm-7:30pm. For more info about the next class please Contact Us. To register for the next Journey Class submit your Couple’s Class Registration Form now! (This class is limited to 8 couples.)
Want to avoid these marriage statistics? Then affair-proof and protect your relationship by learning how to meet each others relational needs while learning to stop any cycle of unhealthy behavior.
Does it sometimes seem as though you and your partner are speaking different love languages?
Does life come so quick and hard that the realities of circumstances, personality differences, raising kids (especially teenagers!) and other life pressures evolve into obstacles that keep you from experiencing a fulfilling relationship?
One more question. Is there room for growth, a little more excitement, and deeper intimacy in your relationship?
Whether you are looking to strengthen an already healthy relationship or you need crisis intervention. Help is here!
Listen to testimonies from couples who participated in one of GTHM’s couple’s classes:
The class uses the Bible’s exodus story as its underlying theme. Just as the Israelites were led from bondage in Egypt to a new life in the Promised Land, “The Journey” leads couples from the land of conflict to the land of meeting each other’s relational needs.
This interactive six week class challenges couples to transform every aspect of their relationship. Not simply a crisis intervention, this class is for any married, engaged, or dating couple that wants to enhance their relationship. It will benefit couples that have been together for 40 days or 40 years. It doesn’t matter if you feel totally connected to one another or you’ve realized you’ve grown apart. No matter where you are at, your relationship will benefit from greater understanding and additional “tools.”
We realize how difficult it can be to register for these types of classes so we would like to ease some potential fears by giving you additional information:
- These classes are designed to respect your privacy. In fact, there are no “round table” discussions. Each class begins with a time of classroom-style teaching that is positive and engaging. Afterward, couples share at their own discretion to discuss the homework.
- These classes are designed to help each person SELF-EXAMINE and improve their own personal communication styles. We consistently direct each person to examine their own issues rather than focus on their partner’s issues.
- These classes have been developed with an understanding that it’s sometimes difficult for men to enroll in couple’s classes. There are no “warm fuzzy” exercises! Pastor Rod uses a logical teaching approach and incorporates many of his previous athletic and coaching experiences to explain various concepts.
Whether you and your partner are in a good place simply looking for some relational enrichment or you are in need of some serious intervention, you will find some great ways to increase the intimacy within your romantic relationship.
Class Materials and Cost:
The class cost is $75 per couple. Couple’s kits include all books and workbooks.
Class Lessons Include:
Week 1 (Into Egypt): The Anatomy of Relationships and Arguments
How are relationships supposed to work? How does our family of origin and our past experience in relationships influence the way we handle conflict?
Week 2 (Life in Bondage): Our Patterns of Relating to One Another
Disagreements are inevitable, but how do simple disagreements accelerate into full blown arguments? Why is it so difficult to get out of an argument once you get into it? We’ve been there. We get it. And we can help you get out of unhealthy habits too.
Week 3 (The Exodus): Moving Out of Conflict
How do you break free of old ways of dealing with conflict? How do you move from arguing to understanding?
Week 4 (Wandering in the Wilderness): Learning a New Dance
How can you make it easier for your partner to listen to you? How do you receive criticism without becoming defensive? How do you create an environment where your partner feels safe and comfortable being honest?
Week 5 (Jericho): Overcoming the Hard Things
How do you re-establish trust? How do you forgive the past? How do you get rid of habits that are harming your relationship?
Week 6 (Life in the Promised Land): Meeting Each Other’s Relational Needs
How do you know what your partner really need from you? How can you “coach” your spouse to be all that you need?
Couples Who Experience The Journey Will Discover:
- How to finally uncover their unique core issue that is causing ALL of their relational conflicts
- How to stop fighting about the symptoms of relational conflict and learn to address the real problems
- How it takes only one person to stop conflict escalation
- How to eliminate habits that keep love from growing
- How to recognize conflict and manage anger
- How to pray together as a couple
- How to forgive one another
Who Should Take The Class?:
The unique format of The Journey appeals to a wide variety of learning styles and is suitable for couples at various stages in their relationship. The Journey truly works for all types of relationships. It helps:
- Dating couples learn how to establish and build healthy habits.
- Engaged couples build a foundation for a long and fulfilling marriage.
- Stagnant and mediocre marriages become exciting again.
- Crisis marriages do a 180° before they permanently crash and burn.
‘Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another.’ Ephesians 4:31-32